19201 E. Main Street, Suite 203, Parker, Colorado 80134
Contact us for a free consultation 720-608-5634

Visitation Attorney Understands the Value of Time with Your Child

When it comes to your children, every minute counts

We know you want to be there for your children, and we are dedicated to helping you spend as much time with them as possible. The Jeffrey R. Edelman, P.C. legal team's decades of experience with divorce and visitation cases can benefit you.

How much visitation time can I expect to get?

Ideally, parents work out an arrangement that is fair to everyone and in the best interests of the children. When that does not happen, it is up to a mediator or the court to create a visitation order. This occurs during the divorce proceedings for married parents or after paternity has been established for unwed fathers. As with custody decisions, the court considers the best interests of the child when creating a visitation plan. The judge weighs often-conflicting factors such as:

  • Each parent's wishes
  • The child's wishes, if old enough
  • Past bad behavior of parent, if any
  • The mental and physical health of the parents and the children
  • The values of each parent
  • Wealth and/or employment is not a factor
  • The relationship between the child and each parent
  • Geographical proximity
  • The ability of each parent to promote a warm and loving relationship with the other parent
  • The child’s adjustment to his or her home, school and environment
  • The ability of each parent to place the needs of the child ahead of his or her own
  • Child abuse, domestic violence and/or substance abuse

When it comes to protecting your time with your children, we can be your informed voice. Make sure your voice is heard.

Can visitation orders be modified?

Parents can agree to a new visitation arrangement or even a move within the State or to another State that benefits them and their child. But when an agreement cannot be reached, the parent who wants to change the schedule must petition the court to modify the visitation order. That parent must show that the current visitation arrangement does not serve the child's interests. If you end up in a visitation battle or need to change an existing visitation order, we provide strong counsel. You and your child deserve time together. We have a record of success handling both parents' and grandparents' visitation cases.

Our Colorado visitation lawyer gets results for you and your child

Do not leave the amount of time you spend with your children to chance. The team at Jeffrey R. Edelman, P.C. effectively advocates your position with the court. Contact us today at 720-608-5634 or online. Our office hours are flexible to accommodate your schedule.

Contact Form

Contact us

In order to help you more quickly, please fill out the quick form and submit, or call 720-608-5634.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.