Colorado Criminal Lawyer Creates Effective Defense Strategies
You need a strong advocate when you are charged with a crime
When you are arrested, you are likely to feel powerless, but you do have rights. At the Jeffrey R. Edelman, P.C. law firm, we understand that your freedom is at stake, and we fight hard to defend you against your criminal charges and protect your constitutional rights. Since 1977, we have aggressively defended Coloradans charged with everything from white-collar crimes to violent crimes, from drug trafficking to DUI in both State and Federal Court in several states.
We provide a tenacious defense against criminal charges
A criminal conviction can have a dramatic impact on your employment, financial assistance, ability to own a firearm and right to vote, etc. It is critical that you immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney when you are arrested. Do not talk to the police without your lawyer present. Do not talk to anyone other than your lawyer about your arrest. Saying the wrong thing to the wrong person could jeopardize your defense. Our firm has decades of experience defending criminal cases, including:
- White-collar crimes — These crimes include embezzlement, forgery, tax evasion and mortgage fraud. Conviction can result in big fines and prison time. If you are charged with a white-collar crime, our attorney works hard to get your charges reduced or dismissed.
- Drug crimes — Colorado voters approved a constitutional amendment in 2012 that legalized recreational marijuana. Adults can possess up to an ounce of pot and cultivate up to six plants. But other drugs remain illegal, and it is unclear how federal drug authorities are going to respond to the state’s new pot laws. Our firm stays up to date on the drug laws and is prepared to defend you against drug-related charges. Other drug crimes can lead to life in prison.
- Violent crimes — Violent crimes include homicide, aggravated assault, robbery, rape, kidnapping and weapons offenses. A conviction can mean a long prison sentence. We have decades of experience defending felony cases and work hard to get you a favorable result.
- Sex crimes — Conviction of crimes such as rape, sexual assault and molestation can lead not only to prison time, but also to registration as a sex offender. Sex offender status means supervision by the state for many years and possibly for life. If you are charged with a sex crime, you need an experienced defender. A severely intoxicated person can even be charged with a sex crime if the victim claims lack of consent.
- Misdemeanors — Misdemeanors such as petty theft, disorderly conduct, trespass and prostitution can result in expensive fines and serious jail time. Driving under the influence (DUI) is also a misdemeanor and has its own set of penalties, ranging from fines and license suspension to community service and jail time. Even domestic violence-related offenses and temporary restraining orders can sometimes affect your rights to bear firearms and other weapons. All felonies can affect hunting privileges with firearms and potentially archery hunting in Colorado and other states.
Whether you have been charged with a misdemeanor or a serious felony, attorney Jeffrey R. Edelman has the experience and knowledge of criminal law to make sure you get a fair shake.
Aggressive criminal defense from a Colorado criminal law attorney
Your freedom and other rights are at stake when you are charged with a serious crime. Do not take chances with your defense. When you are arrested, call Jeffrey R. Edelman, P.C. immediately and don’t make any statements to the police. Call us at 720-588-9384 or contact us by email. Jeffrey R. Edelman always carries his smartphone that receives emails. Office hours are flexible and parking is free at our Parker office.